- This event has passed.
The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes Workshop
January 14 @ 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
The Community Health Association Inland Southern Region is hosting a FREE workshop on The Empathy Effect: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes developed by the Institute for Healthcare Communication.
Target Audience: Individuals and healthcare professionals who work in a health center/clinic and come into contact with patients and families
1. List two of the three premises for empathy-based care
2. Identify the elements of the IN GEAR model for empathy conveyance
3. Identify two internal or external cues associated with interactions that invite judgment
4. Name at least one counter cue to shift from a view of judgment to one of understanding
5. Demonstrate at least two examples of conveying empathy
To download the flyer, please click here