- This event has passed.
Key Policy Challenges to Improve Care for People with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
October 15 - October 16
The Forum on Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders is hosting its first public workshop, Key Policy Challenges to Improve Care for People with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders, on October 15-16, 2019. This first workshop will provide an overview of 5 key policy challenges to improve care for people with mental health and substance use disorders. The workshop will explore issues related to:
- Promoting person-centered care, patient and family member engagement and shared decision making
- Defining what constitutes minimally adequate care for mental health and substance use disorders for different types of providers and in different care settings
- Identifying promising strategies to translate knowledge to practice and to monitor implementation
- Highlighting innovative practices to facilitate and optimize data collection, integration, and use
- Improving care spanning the medical, mental health, and substance use disorder workforce and care delivery systems
It will take place October 15-16, 2019 starting at 8:00AM.
500 5th St. NW, Keck 100,
Washington, DC 20001
For more information and to register please click here.