Inland Empire Health Information Organization
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Location:||Riverside & San Bernardino Counties, CA (Inland Southern California),
office location, Riverside
IEHIO’s purpose is to connect people with data by coordinating data sharing services not only for treatment at the point of care but to also address the psycho-social determinants of health to support whole-person care efforts that improve the health of all residents in the Inland Empire. IEHIO is a non-profit organization supporting interoperability for healthcare and the community.
- Responsible for records management, report preparation, and coordination of customer service to the IEHIO participant audience.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings with prospective and current participants, including setup, catering, handouts, audio visual equipment, and other meeting planning activities.
- Answers phones and provides first-level support and information to healthcare-related professionals, promptly, professionally, and courteously receives 100% of all telephone calls and visitors, and accurately records, directs, and relays messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Performs a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties directly related to IEHIO activities, such as maintaining databases, preparing routine correspondence, developing/sending mass mailings, assisting and participating in special events, and developing an effective working relationship with participant employees and affiliated organizations to nurture their connection to the organization.
- Assists in designing materials and marketing information in various formats.
- Attends meetings, takes detailed notes, and types articulate, accurate, and concise meeting minutes.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write business correspondence and memos
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to complete work promptly and efficiently during periods of high demand
- Exceptional written communication and extremely detail oriented with the ability to make minimal English language errors
- Ability to manage complex calendars and appointment scheduling for multiple staff
- Flexibility to attend occasional meetings outside normal business hours
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a desire to be part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Prior background or exposure to health information technology will be extremely helpful
Physical Activities: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other devices and objects. Physically able to sit for long periods of time.
Travel: Car travel required throughout Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
The position objective, essential functions, minimum qualifications and the requirements listed in this job description are representative only, and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an individual may be required to perform. We reserve the right to revise this job description at any time and an individual to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business considerations or work environment change.