Job Title:Administrative Assistant II
21801 Alessandro Boulevard
Moreno Valley, CA, 92553
Relocation Expense Covered:No
Employee Type:Full Time – Non-Exempt
Job Category:Corporate – General
Minimum Experience:2 Years
Maximum Experience:4 Years
Required Degree:High school
A direct report to the COO and Sr. Executive Assistant (SEA) and provides support to other senior management staff. The Administrative Assistant II is regularly required to effectively manage all aspects of the COO office and resolve complex administrative problems independently. Perform tasks that are diverse and advanced; Responsible for following all (CHSI) policy and procedures, objectives, and philosophy.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upholds and supports the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies and ethics of CHSI.
- Will smile, speak in a courteous and friendly manner with clients and staff members.
- Maintains COO files, appointment calendar, and interview schedule.
- Prepares COO’s materials for trips/travel
- Coordinated meetings for COO and other senior management staff. Anticipate the COO’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support them in addressing issues.
- Provides support to the Senior Executive Assistant as needed.
- Prepare reports and analysis reflecting progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions, as requested by COO.
- Can independently conduct research, develop content, and create effective presentations for COO to deliver, as requested.
- Provides final reviews and proof reads all correspondence being sent out on behalf of COO or other senior management staff.
- Handle confidential information, which would have immediate negative impact on the company operations, performance, or value if shared beyond its intended audience.
- Ability to receive and initiate extensive, regular outside contacts on behalf of the COO with executives, regulators, elected representatives, charitable boards, and customers.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the administrative aspects of meetings.
- Perform all other duties as directed either formally or informally, verbally or in writing by the Senior Executive Assistant or other senior management.
- Fill in as back up to the Receptionist and Senior Executive Assistant as needed, including but not limited to:
- Provide coverage for Receptionist’s lunch, break, days off as needed
- Receive and direct visitors
- Distribute mail
- Assist in organizing and coordinating board/executive meetings in SEA absence
No direct supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with divergent groups
- Must possess good “customer service” including verbal and written communication.
- A high standard of professionalism is expected in speech, manner, attitude and appearance at all times.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- High standard of professional ethics and conduct is expected.
- Ability to deal effectively with changing situations and stressful environment.
- Ability to perform tasks related to physical activity to complete the responsibilities of the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Requires a business/office management background generally equivalent to an AA degree in business or secretarial related field.
- 2-4 years administrative secretarial experience of increasing variety and/or complexity OR equivalent combination of education and experience.