Website Unicare Community Health Center
REPORTS TO: COO/Billing Manager
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Medical Manager billing software, data entry, and use of business email.
- Ability to gain proficiency on additional computer programs required to perform the job.
- Experience and understanding of billing process for private and public health insurance programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling and English grammar with ability to understand and complete oral and written instruction.
- Spanish-speaking desirable but not required.
- Reliable Transportation.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Educational Requirements: Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent, Associate Degree Preferred.
- Enters patient data in Medical Manager Billing program and completes billing, posting of collections, ageing, and reconciliation for all Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. patient visit and case management payments.
- Communicates with accounting department at Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. regarding billing and posting issues.
- Collects payments received at Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. office and delivers those payments to accounting department at Unicare Community Health Center, Inc.
- Attend information seminars as necessary for compliance with billing requirements of various payers.
- Problem solving of billing problems as they occur and early communication with Clinical Director regarding any unusual occurrences related to billing.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. Policies and Procedures, especially as related to billing, accounting, and data management.
- Generate required reports requested by Clinical Director, Executive Director of Unicare Community Health Center, Inc., and Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. accounting department including but not limited to ageing, daily reports, annual reports, and regular demographic reporting.
- Knowledge of Medical Record system and filing records used for billing.
- Computer use for research, data entry, record keeping, and business communication via email.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director.