Website Borrego Health
Customer Service Representative – Temporary
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Arlanza Family Health Center
Position requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be courteous and helpful; possess the ability to meet and speak with the public as the “first contact” of the clinic while aligning their duties with Borrego Health Mission and Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Acknowledges and assists everyone who walks in the door while maintaining eye contact, a smile and providing a professional greeting
2. Communicates with customers to resolve problems and concerns while informing customers of delays in a courteous, professional, and timely manner using appropriate pronouns
3. Provides all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health’s Core Values and Standards of Customer Service
4. Keeps Manager informed of office equipment upkeep/maintenance
5. Maintains accurate demographic, insurance, and guarantor information at every patient visit
6. Identifies and refers patients who require program assistance to Care Coordinator Specialist (CCS)
7. Collects all payments due on patient accounts and assures journals are closed and balanced daily
8. Answers all incoming calls and engages with patients by always upholding Borrego Health Quality Standards
9. Performs Registration, Check-in Duties, and Operator duties (Refer to workflows in Practice Management Sharesite)
10. Responds to all forms of communication (Email, Tasks, Etc.) according to communication policy
11. Collects all registration documents required prior to patient leaving the office (Consent to Treat, Insurance Card, ID, Registration Form)
12. Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care
13. Promotes a Patient centered environment
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Diploma from an approved High School or GED equivalent
2. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
3. Minimum one-year Customer Service experience is preferred
4. Minimum one-year experience operating a multi-line telephone or switch board system is preferred
5. Previous experience with Medical Terminology is preferred