Website Morongo Basin
As a member of the Morongo Basin Healthcare District (MBHD) team your mission is to improve the health and wellness of the communities we serve. You are expected to demonstrate the values of Commitment, Collaboration, Accountability, Dignity, and Integrity in all aspects of your employment. You are responsible for your safety and the safety of patients, visitors and coworkers. You will be required to interact with patients, the public, co-workers and management in fulfilling your mission.
In your role as Mobile Dental Home (MDH) Dental Assistant you will report to the Mobile Dental Home Program Manager. Your responsibilities team will include maintaining effective interaction with patients under 18 years of age. You will guide and support families’ access to MDH services including but not limited to providing: oral health education, program information, conducting intake interviews, obtaining consent, appointment scheduling, chairside dentistry, arranging and following up on referrals. You will be responsible for performing assigned duties under the supervision of the dentist. You will also perform business office and clinical dentistry duties. All staff may be required to float to all locations as needed.
- Assist chairside, exposing and processing of quality diagnostic digital radiographs and intra-oral photographs on the Mobile Dental Home as prescribed by the dentist
- Set up and breakdown for dental procedures on the Mobile Dental Home
- Perform dental sterilization protocols for instrument and equipment processing on the Mobile Dental Home
- Bills for services rendered from all clinicians as necessary through specified software daily
- Order all office supplies and clinical supplies and other items required for dental-related workflow
- Maintain Mobile Dental Home in a neat and orderly fashion
- Observe behavior of visitors in Mobile Dental Home, asking for assistance or notify manager as needed
- Identify any patient needs and notify staff as soon as possible
- Provide auxiliary duties within scope of practice as an unlicensed dental assistant or Registered Dental Assistant
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and staff outreach events
- Maintain dental records and files. Ensure that patient information is kept confidential and that patient privacy is respected in accordance with current Health Information Privacy and Portability Act (HIPPA) guidelines
- Assist with registering, scheduling and referrals of patients, using specified scheduling software; verify insurance coverage and confirm patient appointments; and provide oral health education as needed
- Assist with patient communications, including relaying messages between patients and clinicians; facilitate prescription refills