Website Unicare Community Health center
TITLE: LEAD MEDICAL ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: NURSE PRACTITIONER/OFFICE MANAGER
Lead Medical Assistant is responsible to assist medical providers to perform variety of clinical and administrative duties. Administer immunizations, venipuncture, perform vital signs, rooming, and translating.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one year of experience in ambulatory care setting as a Medical Assistant.
- Physical examination which indicates that the employee is able to meet the physical requirements of the job including: Lifting, Walking, Stooping, Bending, Twisting.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, data entry, and use of business email.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Clinical duties including patient triage, data collection and recording, administration of vaccines and medications, medical records keeping, limited patient education, CLIA waived lab testing, labeling and transporting laboratory specimens.
- Effective communication with Patients, Nurse Practitioner, and Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. staff members.
- Notifying patients of normal and abnormal laboratory findings as instructed by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Assisting RN or FNP with management of Immunization Program including vaccine administration, data collection, reporting, ordering and transporting vaccine.
- Assisting RN or FNP with management of Patient Assistance Program for medications including ordering prescribed medications and record keeping.
- Assists RN or FNP in the patient referral process, tracking referrals and referral follow-up.
- Participation in data collection for quality assurance programs.
- Computer use for research, data entry, record keeping, and business communication via email.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Unicare Community Health Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to function with autonomy and in collaboration with the, physician, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Completion of accredited Medical Assistant Training Program.
Current BLS certification
HOURS WORKED: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-3pm, part or all of an 8 hour shift. May required to work every Saturday