Website Mission City
$74,000 – $79,000 a year
Full Job Description
Mission City Community Network, Inc. is a non-profit organization of multiple (more than 20) clinics operating as a Federally Qualified Health Center. We are dedicated to serving low income families in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, South Bay and San Bernardino areas. We are committed to providing quality care in the following areas: Adult, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Dentistry, Health Education, and Behavioral Health.
Position: Area Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Status: Full Time/ Exempt
Job Location: San Gabriel Valley/San Bernardino County
(incl. Monrovia, Pomona, Victorville, Barstow, etc)
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and talented Operations Manager to join our team.
The Area Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the medical, dental, behavioral health and other social programs operation including, but not limited to, the following: responsible for all operational aspects including ensuring that the clinic conforms to all applicable state licensing laws and regulations. Assist with billing, invoicing, budgeting, etc. as necessary.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure patient flow is working efficiently.
- Project patient volume and assess financial implications.
- Assist in ensuring physician coverage is adequate for each site.
- Advocate MCCN to the community to get referrals for the site(s), including, but not limited to making presentations at community events or at various agencies, creating flyers to be distributed at various agencies, health fairs.
- Ensure all uninsured (including HWLA-unmatched and DPSS) are screened and enrolled in various programs (Medi-Cal, etc.).
- Ensure all patient files are complete and accurate.
- Ensure all documents are submitted to billing for timely billing to various agencies.
- Ensure employees comply with MCCN policies and procedures.
- Direct supervision of support staff directly or through clinical lead staff
- Implement training and safety protocol programs for San Gabriel Valley Sites (Monrovia, La Puente, Pomona, Anaheim, Victorville, Barstow, Mobile Clinic/s)
- Participate in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff.
- Collaborate with existing health care facilities to enhance patient care.
- Manage patient recordkeeping activities including: referral follow-up and clinic appointment scheduling.
- Preparation & timely submission of monthly program reports.
- Prompt responses to patient inquiries, complaints, and referrals, when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, HIPPA, State Board of Pharmacy and Title 22 licensing requirements.
- Coordinate a Quality Assurance program based on clinical guidelines, policies and procedures
- Coordinate any clinical issue with the Chief Medical Officer and/or her designee.
- Ensure clinic conforms to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support staff.
- Organize and complete all reports due to governmental and private agencies.
- Oversee Medi-Cal presumptive eligibility program.
- Assists with establishing and monitoring operational program goals and objectives; coordinates with administration regarding plan and program needs.
- Monitor and evaluate quality of care and other clinic activities in coordination with the CMO.
- Makes reports to the COO regarding status of operations, and gives recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in health care management or managerial position in health or social service setting.
- Prior experience in managed care and in providing services to the medically underserved populations.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental health care delivery, administration and program planning.
- A working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for outpatient
Health care facilities.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills, demonstrated ability to lead in a progressive, high growth environment.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among members and staff.
Full-time benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, and all other benefits mandated by law.
To Apply: Please email your resume/CV and cover letter, including your salary requirements via email to HR Dept. or fax 818-998-3579.
MCCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 – $79,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- health care management in FQHC setting: 5 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place