Website DAP Health
Job Type: Full time
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Patient Registration Manager
- Greet and acknowledge every patient;
- Assist patients with tablets for demographics;
- Verify daily demographics at time of registration;
- Ability to:
- Check-in and check- out patients for scheduled or walked in appointments;
- Run, understand and read insurance eligibility print outs;
- Add in the correct insurance and or add contract pricing;
- Assist with qualifying patients for FQHC Sliding Fee Scale and also implementing an ABN (advance beneficiary notice) when needed;
- Schedule new patients and returning patients;
- Work on the end of day report for Epic;
- Request additional authorizations from the Referrals Department
- Answer incoming phone calls for Scheduling;
- Responsible for scanning all information pertaining to registering and checking in patients using the EHR system;
- Collect co pays at time of check in;
- Keep track of daily incoming documentation for providers;
- Confirm upcoming appointments;
- Send out no shows letter weekly;
- Maintain recognized medical industry standards of high quality, client-centered services which are HIPAA compliant;
- Provide superior customer service to all patients;
- Cross trained for Central Registration, the DOCK and Behavioral Health Front
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate from a high school, or possession of a certificate of proficiency issued by the California State Board of Education, or possession of a G.E.D. certificate;
- Minimum three years of experience in medical front office operations; Medical Terminology, Medical insurance, Referral authorizations;
- Previous experience working with Electronic Health Records.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate of Arts/Associate Science Degree preferred. On the job medical office experience can substitute for degree;
- Computer expertise (word processing and database input);
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent customer service skills required.
License(s) and Certification(s)
Working Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a clinical setting and requires constant times of sitting for long periods, occasional standing, frequent talking and repetitive motion. Long periods of keyboarding and frequent phone calls. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Patient contact that does not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens. Employee does not perform or help in Emergency medical care or first aid. Access to patient protected health information is required.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything that is required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This job requires full proof of authorization to work in the United States without any future requirement of sponsorship for work visa.
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a Drug Free Workplace. In order to obtain a culturally diverse staff, we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Applications from minorities, members of the transgender community and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of DAP Health to provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, age, disability or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws. DAP Health welcomes the opportunity to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the employment process, please notify People Operations. Any employment relationship with DAP Health is at-will. This means employment can be terminated at any time, with or without notice or cause, at the option of either DAP Health or the employee.