SUMMARY: Maintains and supports the payroll processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data.
- Prepares manual checks as necessary.
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Posts journal entries and prepares month-end reports.
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent, one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on [INSERT COMPUTER PROGRAM(S) REQUIRED FOR POSITION]
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
For more information click here