Website Borrego Health
Location: D St Medical Center
The Prescription Refill Coordinator will process all patient medication refill requests and prior authorizations. Under the supervision of the charge nurse and individual practitioners, the prescription refill coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer calls regarding medication refills from patients and pharmacies.
2. Investigate the status of medication refills.
3. Educate patients regarding Borrego Health medication refill policies and procedures.
4. Provide outstanding customer service to patients and pharmacy staff to ensure a positive image for Borrego Health.
5. Ensure accuracy in documenting medication refills within patients’ medical record.
6. Checks fax machines for patient medication refill requests faxed from pharmacies.
7. Retrieves phone messages from dedicated phones for medication refill requests
8. Presents refill requests to the provider in a timely manner.
9. Fax back signed medication refill requests to the identified pharmacies.
10. Scan faxed signed document into patient’s chart.
11. Document refill in patient’s chart.
12. Notify patient of denied refill requests.
13. Prepare prior authorizations for intake medications per doctor’s orders.
14. Prepare prior authorizations for newborns special formula per doctor’s orders
15. As a Medical Assistants responsible for knowing their scope of practice.
16. Responsible for having current CPR card.
17. Maintains compliance with Borrego Health’s policies and procedure and promotes a team environment.
18. Participates in conferences, seminars, and training sessions as needed.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of approved high school or GED equivalent
2. Medical assistant certificate or signed training on venipuncture, infectious control, patient privacy, basic anatomy and physiology by Registered Nurse or Physician.
3. One-year medical assistant work experience.