Website Borrego Health
Duties include patrolling and observing the activities of persons in and around the medical clinics. Work involves assessing problem situations and exercising tact and judgment in bringing about their resolution. Work also involves insuring that buildings are properly locked and that no unauthorized personnel are in restricted areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Visually patrols buildings, building grounds, and parking lots to observe unusual behavior and to prevent vandalism.
2. Prevents unauthorized access to restricted areas.
3. Open buildings for authorized entries.
4. Escorts personnel from building after hours or when needed.
5. Answers routine inquiries and directs patients, clients, visitors to appropriate areas
6. Investigates malfunctions observed or reported, including problems of temperature, lighting, open windows and security.
7. Identifies building maintenance needs not requiring prompt attention and submits work orders to correct them.
8. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
9. Assists police, fire department and any other law enforcing agency as appropriate.
10.Prepares a report of daily activities
11.Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
1. High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience. Valid California drives license and acceptable driving record.
2. Current BSIS Guard Card is required
3. Complete 8-hours of annual BSIS approved Security Training, and have certificate of training.
4. Minimum of one year experience as a security guard.
5. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.