- This event has passed.
Cultural Competence Summit “Honoring California’s Diversity: A Call To Action”
October 23, 2018 @ 8:00 AM - October 24, 2018 @ 5:00 PM$325
The Cultural Competence Summit, “Honoring California’s Diversity: A Call to Action” will focus on highlighting innovative programs to reduce stigma and increase behavioral health services and substance use treatment to underserved communities. The conference objectives are to:
- Educate and inform attendees about effective cultural strategies for reaching diverse populations.
- Inspire attendees to try new strategies to reach diverse populations.
- Highlight successful programs that currently exist throughout the State that reach diverse populations.
- Develop a framework for action.
California counties are at the forefront of providing behavioral health services to California’s diverse population. The 2018 Cultural Competence Summit will offer a range of cultural specific workshops and presentations to promote learning and advance the cultural competence needs of individuals, families, and communities.
This Statewide conference is a unique opportunity to strengthen connections and enrich networks among stakeholders, behavioral health, and substance use directors, ethnic service managers, workforce training managers, Prevention and Early Intervention coordinators, and other behavioral health professionals.
- Register by 10/9/2018 and the price is $290.00, if after then it is$325.00